Enjoy The Best Fishing, Dining and Lodging at Glacier Bear Lodge, AK
Guest Services at Glacier Bear Lodge, Yakutat Alaska
Glacier Bear Lodge offers these guest services to help make your stay a pleasant and fun filled adventure:
- Complimentary airport shuttle to and from the Yakutat Airport
- Pre-arrangement of a rental cars
- Expert fishing guide service for fishing on the Situk River and ocean charters for halibut, several species of bottom fish, and 4 species of salmon
- Glacier Bear Lodge staff will clean your fish and cut to your specifications, commercial vacuum packaging (nominal fee) and flash freezing is all included. Fish boxes are available at the lodge for your catch. These boxes are wet-lock, insulated airline approved for checked in baggage, and hold up to 50 pounds each.
- Located inside the lodge, a tackle shop with all the gear needed for fishing on local rivers and the ocean.
- Fishing licenses are sold in our tackle shop.
- Request to have a lunch packed for you if you plan to be gone all day.
- Free high speed wireless internet in the lodge.
- We have a full service restaurant and lounge that serves everything from your standard restaurant food to complete dinners with an emphasis on local seafood. Prime Rib is also a weekly feature on Saturday nights. Continental breakfast is available for 7 days a week from 6-9am. Click here to view our menu.
- Our professional housekeeping staff will make up your room every day. Linens and towels are replaced as desired. Laundry services are available.
- Boat rentals available –16’’ aluminum drift boats and 14’ and 16’” aluminum jon boats.
Why choose Glacier Bear Lodge?
- Halibut limit of 2 per day per person.
- World Class Steelheading fishing on the Situk River April through May.
- Awesome annual sockeye, king salmon, pink, and silver salmon runs
- The best halibut fishing in Alaska, a unique ocean fishery for lingcod, halibut as well as other bottom dwelling fish most of the time in less than 150 feet of water.
- Professional, knowledgeable staff.
- Local river guides and ocean captain know the best areas to fish.
- All inclusive (food & board) packages are available.
- Alaska Airlines jet service to Yakutat, twice daily.
- A great Alaska family vacation.
- Fantastic hiking and beach combing.
- Wildlife viewing with, Moose, Bald Eagles, River Otters, Bear and water fowl just about everywhere you go
- Yakutat has one of the largest migratory bird routes in the America’s with Terns, Geese and Ducks flying through in huge numbers that makes a very impressive sight! Yakutat hosts a Tern festival every year.